Help on Editing the Site
Change the Left-side Boxes on the Home Page
- First, click on the box.
- If the box changes to reveal several lines of HTML code, go to the next instruction. If not, click outside the box (say, somewhere in the first paragraph) then click on the left-side box again.
- The HTML code is surrounded by angle brackets ("<" and ">"). Do not change any of the HTML code except the <b>, <i>, and <br> code that is within the text. (Details below.)
- If you examine the code, you will note the text of the message that is currently in the box. You can delete this text by selecting it and pressing [Del], just like in a word processor. You can add new text by selecting the text you want to delete and adding the new text. You can insert new text by clicking in the appropriate position, and typing your text.
- You can format your text in the following ways:
- To make a work or phrase bold, insert "<b>" before the word or phrase, and "</b>" after the word or phrase.
- To make a work or phrase italic, insert "<i>" before the word or phrase, and "</i>" after the word or phrase.
- Normally, the text you enter will word-wrap just like in a word processing document. However, in some cases, you may want to control where the line breaks, such as if you're entering two paragraphs. To insert a line break, insert "<br>" at the point in your text where you want to line break to occur.
- Click anywhere outside the code box to finish up and examine your changes.